Sending a Direct Push Notification
How to send messages
You can send push messages in the following steps:
Select your application. Select the "Push" icon and then click on the "New Message" button.
Define where the push notification will be sent.
- Select "User" for sending the direct push notification.
- Specify the target user with one of the following IDs:
- Login name (username)
- Display name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Select the target development environments (Developer, Production or Both).
Define what is to be sent.
Define the predefined fields to be set in the message.
Toggle on/off the predefined fields. The following values will be set in the push message when the fields are enabled.
- App ID: AppID of the application.
- Timestamp: When the push message is sent.
- Message origin: The value "EXPLICIT" indicating that the message was explicitly pushed by somebody.
Set custom fields (key-value pairs).
You can add multiple custom fields. For each custom field, you can select the push notification networks to which the custom field is to be sent Selecting "All" will send the fields to all push notification networks.
Set any push network specific settings (optional).
Toggle on/off FCM/APNs specific settings.
- For more information about FCM options, see Customizing a Push Notification in the Android Programming Guide or the Google documentation.
- For more information about APNs options, see Customizing a Push Notification in the iOS Programming Guide or the Apple documentation.
To exclude unspecified keys to be sent on APNs, please enable "Do not send blank keys". If you enable this option, Kii Cloud will not send the unspecified keys (i.e. APNs will apply the default settings).
To deliver the push message to an iOS application running in the background, please enable "Silent Notification".
Press the "Confirm" button to send a push message.
If you get an error "Please choose a recipient", a recipient is not specified properly. You need to specify the target user from the drop-down list in Step 2-1. If the drop-down list does not appear, please delete the user name and change the size of your browser.